The Carbon Trust Green Business Fund is the brand new energy efficiency support service for small and medium-sized organisations in England, Wales and Scotland. It provides direct funded support through energy assessments, training workshops, equipment procurement support and up to £10,000 capital contribution towards your energy saving equipment purchase.
This is a unique opportunity to get your long planned solar PV system installed, with a substantial contribution from the Carbon Trust. Powersun is a Carbon Trust certified solar PV supplier, so we are able to assist you through the application process.
The Carbon Trust Green Business Fund is offering a capital contribution of up to 30% of the project cost (up to a max of £10,000) to small and medium sized businesses (including franchises and schools), who could benefit from financial support when buying energy saving equipment.
This could mean up to £10,000 towards a new lighting system for your warehouse, heating and air conditioning equipment for your offices or a controls system for your factory – to help you rise to the challenge of becoming a greener business.
This support is available for a limited period on a first come, first served basis for small and medium sized businesses (companies with fewer than 250 employees) in England, Scotland and Wales. The minimum total size of the project must be £2,500, and equipment must be purchased from a Green Business Directory supplier to ensure that your supplier is properly accredited.
The Green Business Fund is an energy efficiency support service aimed primarily at small and medium-sized businesses (SMEs) in England, Wales and Scotland. SMEs are defined as such if they meet two of the three following criteria:
- No more than 250 employees;
- Annual turnover not in excess of £25.9m; or
- Annual balance sheet not in excess of £12.9m
and if they are not more than 25% owned by an entity which does not meet the criteria.
Franchises are also eligible providing they have a different registered company number and are a separate legal entity to their managing partnership.
Schools are also eligible, providing they have a bank account separate from the local authority and meet the other criteria above in regard to employees and turnover.
In order to apply for the capital contribution, you would need to be replacing equipment you currently own with energy efficient equipment where the savings can be clearly defined. We will look to fund projects where the payback period on energy savings is within 5 years.
- If you have a project that provides energy savings that will pay back in over 5 years, then we will fund the relevant contribution on the first five years’ worth of energy savings.
- Applications for the capital contribution must be approved prior to purchase and installation of the equipment.
- The applying company will receive the capital contribution upon completion of the project and issuing of a commissioning certificate.
- The capital contribution is a private contribution to provide an incentive for the purchase of energy efficient equipment. It works in a separate way to the Carbon Trust loans, and therefore does not need to be paid back over time.
- The capital contribution cannot be used to part pay for work that has already been completed and installed prior to the application being made to the Carbon Trust Green Business Fund.
In order to qualify for funding, businesses must be working with the Carbon Trust Accredited Suppliers listed on the Green Business Directory. The Carbon Trust wants to ensure that all projects implemented through the fund are of a high quality which will help them meet the projected savings. Because Accredited Suppliers are assessed against qualitative criteria, both the customer and the Carbon Trust can have confidence in the success of the project, and that the solution is well designed and fit for purpose.
We encourage companies to combine as many projects as possible into one application, this is to make the process as straightforward as possible and we would then be able to provide a 30% capital contribution on the total project value. Please note, we can accept more than one application and each company can access up to £10,000 in capital contribution, in total.
All services are fully funded through the Green Business Fund so will carry no cost to the applicant. There is also no obligation for each company to follow through with any of the energy saving opportunities identified to them, though of course we hope that all fund recipients are able to do so.
Please fill in the form below if you would like to receive further information about Carbon Trust funding